Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day

A group from the Embassy spent the day at a private beach club - White Sands.  About 2 hours drive, through crazy traffic, dirt roads, and shanty towns, and then......you arrive at a destination that has that power to transport you to a place other than regular, everyday, Africa life.  I know I keep repeating myself, but these are the times that I am completely fascinated.  Anyway, it was very nice, a relaxing Labor Day spent with new friends.
The pool view - look across you'll see the beach/fishermen
We rode wooden 'rafts' across to the other side (a man on each side pulling us to shore)


The table setting

My prawns
My drink

My view

I have never spent a Labor Day exactly like this one - who knew Africa would be the place?  

No comments:

Post a Comment