Sunday, September 22, 2013

South African Ladies Tea (for Charity)

Tuesday I attended the 3rd annual SA Ladies Tea - a very well done event they do for two local charities.  Each table is hosted by a different South African woman who invites her friends and we eat, shop, and win door prizes, all for a worthy cause.  This years theme was Flower Power and you'll see our table behind the photo 'bus'.  :)  

Our lovely table
The ladies at my table


Below are photos of a few other tables




OK, so I won TWO times at this party - which I can assure you has never happened before.  First, I won the 'table' drawing which was a tiered china stand (I gave it away when I won a second time).  Then I won the 'hostess' drawing which was a large gift basket (hamper as they call it) full of South African items from a local South African grocery store.  As you can see, inside my basket was the normal gift basket items - champagne, champagne flutes, juice?, but then ketchup, baked beans, tuna, mayo, and canola oil.  I have gotten a very good laugh out of it.  It was very well done - a fun event, and I was happy to be a part of it!  

The goods


Each guest took home a party favor of African Liquer and a thank you card that said - "When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms." 

Yep.






No comments:

Post a Comment