Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.......

Such a bizarre thing to spend the holidays in a place where they actually DO celebrate Christmas but the feeling is so very different.  The biggest difference for me so far has been the temperature - it's getting even warmer, but it has pretty much been the same temperature since arriving in July.

Some of the bigger shops do, in fact, play Christmas music that is familiar, and there are a few lights here and there.  The pictures below will give you a glimpse of the type of Christmas that happens here.  I must admit some of my own shopping has come from the roadside this year (or from the window of my car).  Just this week, I bought nail polish from a street vendor and matches out my car window.

The kids have seen Santa and made their lists - and they are counting the days as always.
I have also hosted a Ladies Tea and an Ornament Exchange this month  - with all the holiday hoopla attached - so I am doing my part to spread holiday cheer.

Deck the halls!

Chase telling Santa what he wants
Drew was not sure but no tears this year

Everything you need right here

Typical holiday signage


Shoppers

The no. 1 gift people buy here are pre-made hampers (gift basket) 




1 comment:

  1. always wanting to comment but never being able to "log on" LOVE all of this, keep sharing :)

    ReplyDelete