Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Accra Zoo (Achimota Forest)

Turns out there's a 'zoo' here.  You'd think, right?  It is, after all, AFRICA!  Over Christmas break, me and a few of my mommy friends took the littles on a field trip!  I like to say 'it was oddly good'.  Way better than I expected to be honest.  PERFECT for the 2 and 3 year olds.  Chase was along as well and even he had some fun!!  I saw MY first ever warthog and mongoose - so that was cool.  As I've discovered with everything here - it doesn't really matter what we set out to do - it's always an adventure!  And with friends - EVEN BETTER!

Warthogs

This crocodile was 'stuffed', but some of the kids did touch a live snake

They were obsessed with the ostrich egg
Lots of monkeys - this one had a new baby





No comments:

Post a Comment