Friday, January 3, 2014

Orchid Obsession

There is a plant 'shop' on every street corner here, lots of lush, tropical looking plants. (see pics below).   I have a little sunroom that I've been having fun with - picking out a few plants here and there without going too crazy. I HAVE, however, become a little crazy about Orchids.  They are plentiful here - and it's definitely a plant I've not been able to grow before, nor did I really ever want to. They always seemed delicate and high maintenance.  There are a few spots in town that specialize in orchids - I've now experienced all three.  The first is my favorite and where most of mine came from.  I don't have a picture but it is just a very large greenhouse FULL of orchids front to back - very healthy, reasonably priced orchids.  Another is a legit flower shop - it's impressive and very pricey.  And the third - is at a random woman's home - where her entire yard is a jungle/home for orchids and a few other plants.  
Roadside greenhouse





This orchid is my BABY - this is her second bloom in 2 months......isn't she pretty?  :)

The 'fancy' orchid shop
Poinsettias - for real - for about 70 US dollars......


Love this one - only about 200 US to buy it

Aren't they beautiful?

This is more my speed - a woman's yard PACKED full of orchids and her pricing is good


They love to hang and folks here have them hanging from trees everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment