Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Switchback Road (or Pier One of Ghana)

Not far from where we live, on a very busy intersection, on both sides of the street, on both ends of the street - is this:




When I got here, I was told, it's the local Pier One.  :)


They are very fast and good at their craft - it is impressive. So many different items.


This is Charles - he was the 'salesman' for my project.  
 I knew about 'Switchback Road' before I came, and I came with a plan (naturally).  I have had my eyes on some seagrass pottery barn chairs for years, but would not spend the money.  I brought a picture and had them make me a set of Pottery Barn Inspired chairs and footstools.  They are not in seagrass but because I did not pay the Pottery Barn price - they are perfect! :) It took a little longer than they originally promised, as they measure in centimeters AND because they had a little trouble with the form, but I'm very happy with them. I hope to pick up a few more things from here before our time in Ghana ends.
MY CHAIRS!! I will change the cushion fabric and add a small pillow for the back....but that's the easy part.  :)
I also had them make this little animal family - oh my stars!  I just love them!!! And I literally watched the guy make one animal in about 20 minutes - these are also shipped and sold in the US.  I would love to know where they are going........

I hope all these purchases survive 2 years here and can make the trip back home with me!  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment