Sunday, August 11, 2013

Good Eatin'

I do the same thing everywhere I go.  Talk to people, ask lots of questions, listen, and take notes.  They know - they've done it - they lived there (here) before me.  And then I see for myself, make my own assessments, and hopefully have something to share with the next inquisitive person.  I do an equal amount of seeking things out on my own - but this weekend we patronized two local eateries recommended by friends.  Chix-n-Ribs, owner comes from Chicago - ribs, burgers, wings, (we also had a Snickers shake).  It was good - the first 'fast' food we've had here.  



But THEN - we had brunch at the swankiest hotel in town, The Movenpick.  I didn't even try to take pics of the hotel (will save that for another time) but let's just say it is FABULOUS!!!!  The brunch is fancy and not something you experience every day.  It will be a very nice place to revisit when we have guests, or just need some rejuvenation.  Our favorite parts (really it was all my favorite) was the coconut milk served straight from the coconut, and the huge dessert bar - to include cream puffs shaped like swans and chocolate cherry mousse.  Another perfect touch was the band that serenaded us the entire time.




No comments:

Post a Comment